Steam Return Policy: As we know, the gaming industry never fails from surprising us. With the release of new games, some companies make a lot of profit, apart from the developer and distributors. One of the best distributors of digital media content is Steam. It is developed by Valve Corporation which also provides services like video streaming, matchmaking servers etc. Steam users can download games and software saved in their virtual software libraries to their local computer. These downloads are saved as game cache files.
Steam Return Policy
Sometimes users find that the games purchased by them on steam are not interesting or hardware is not right for it to run. In such a situation, you can ask for a return. According to the steam return or refund policy, you can request a refund for nearly any purchase on Steam—for any reason. Maybe your PC doesn’t meet the hardware requirements; maybe you bought a game by mistake; maybe you played the title for an hour and just didn’t like it.
Steam Refund Time
It doesn’t matter. Valve will, upon request via help.steampowered.com, issue a refund for any reason, if the request is made within fourteen days of purchase, and the title has been played for less than two hours. There are more details below, but even if you fall outside of the refund rules we’ve described, you can ask for a refund anyway and we’ll take a look. Here you can learn about steam return policy.
Refund method – Steam Refund Abuse
You will be issued a full refund of your purchase within a week if got approved. The refund will be sent to your Steam Wallet funds or through the same payment method you used to make the purchase.
Where Refunds are Applicable?
- Downloadable Content: If you haven’t consumed, modified or transferred any DLC, then you can ask for a refund. However, some third-party DLC are non-refundable.
- In-game Purchase: Steam provides a refund for in-game purchases that are developed by Valve. You must ask the refund within 48 hours of purchase. Same is applied for third party games. If third party games have in-game purchases and are refundable, Steam will tell you while buying the same.
- Pre-purchased Titles: Before the release of a title, you will get a refund based on 14 days and two hour refund period. It starts from the release date of the game.
- Steam Wallet: If no amount of Steam funds used by you, ask for the refund whenever you wish, keep in mind 14-day/2 hour time period.
- Steam Hardware: After the delivery, you have 30 days to ask for a refund. The hardwares must be shipped back to the company within 14 days, after the request. Visit the official site of Steam and then go to the Steam Hardware order terms for more details and instructions.
- Bundles: Any bundle you bought from the Steam store can be refunded.
- Gifts: You can even request a refund for a redeemed and unredeemed gift. How To Refund A Gift on Steam.
How Long Do Steam Refunds Take
Refunds are not meant for enjoying games for free. If you misuse refund feature of Steam, better be ready to lose this offer. Also, users must note that purchases made outside of Steam and video contents are non-refundable. Moreover, if VAC has banned you on a game, you don’t have the right to request refund.
Steam Games Return Policy
Related Search Terms: