Costco is known to have one of the most generous among all return policies which are there in the retail world. The customer can basically return anything that they have purchased at any warehouse club on any time and get a full refund — except for the case of electronics and other major appliances which already have a ninety-day return policy if produced with receipt.
Costco Return Policy
That means that in theory, a particular customer can return the bananas he or she bought if they are spoiled too early, or they can even return the Kirkland Signature store-brand of trail mix that they bought if they don’t like the taste of the same.
On a larger scale, the customers can even return any mattress that they buy at the store within no time limit, or even their Kirkland Signature luggage after even a lifetime of use.
Here we will be providing you with the fascinating details of the Costco return policy.
- This return policy of “satisfaction guaranteed” exchange included in the policy extends up to the cost of the customers’ membership. So if they try Costco out for a year and then they decide that they don’t like it, they can even get their membership fee refunded fully.
- On Membership, Costco will cancel as well as refund the customers’ membership fee fully anytime if they are dissatisfied.
- On Merchandise, Costco guarantees customer satisfaction on the sale of every product that they have made available, and they will refund the customers’ purchase price, with however the following exceptions of electronics.
Costco will accept returns of electronics within ninety days (from the date that the customer received the merchandise on) for Televisions, Projectors, Tuner-Free Displays, Major Appliances (refrigerators such as those above 10 cu. ft., freezers, cooktops, rangers, over-the-range microwaves, washers, dishwashers, and dryers), Computers, Smart Watches, Touchscreen Tablets, Cameras, Camcorders, Aerial Cameras (drones), MP3 players and Mobile Phones (return details will be varying by carrier per se the service contract).
- The Costco Concierge Services representatives will be available to assist the customers with any sort of technical support and any sort of warranty information for many of the products available at the stores.
- For diamonds which are 1 karat or larger, whoever the customers are returning any diamond which is over 1 karat must also have to present all the original paperwork (with all the necessary certificates) presenting which at the return time they will be receiving a Jewelry Credit Memo. Within 48 hours, the Costco Graduate Gemologist will inspect the same for authenticity and then a return will be initiated.
- As for Cigarettes and alcohol, Costco does not accept returns which are on cigarettes or on alcohol wherever they are prohibited by law.
- On products with any limited value of useful life expectancy, they are sold with a product-specific warranty which is limited.
Read More: Best Buy Return Policy
All in all, Costco offers the best return policy amongst all the retail stores which is why the customer turnout is very high here. With this, however, the returns also increase at times as the customers feel free to return even used goods.